Saturday, January 22, 2011

1-22-11 Boots on the ground rumor

Highlights/Thoughts

1. Person in Iraq, who has been there for 6 years, spoke to US citizens that are invested heavily in Dinar
2. Last week, he spoke with 2 of the people who informed him Warka bank stopped selling dinar
3. Today (1/22), he was informed the same 2 people that Warka is selling Dinar for 1 IQD = $3.45
4. Bank employee told the 2 that there will be a big announcement on the 24th in the US

*********************************************************************************
******] Hey all, I cringe at the thought of posting this but it is here in the rumor section. I am here in the lovely sand box just north of Baghdad. Have been for 6 years now. I deal with numerous departments and nationalities all the time but last week I spoke to some personnel (US Citizens) that arrived from a site called JBB. These individuals are invested and invested quite well. Two of these individuals informed me that the Warka Bank on that site was not allowing the customers to accesss their accounts, purchase any more dinar, or withdraw / deposit any dinar or US currency. Well today 22 Jan 11, I was informed by these same 2 Expats that Warka will now allow them access to their accounts, but still will not allow any withdraws / deposits. I was also informed that they now can buy the new IQD, BUT at 1 dinar to $3.45. I did not say it the other way around, the bank employee told these 2 Expats that if they wanted to buy dinar, they would pay $3.45 US for 1 IQD.
Jan 22 3:19 PM [******] the bank employee told these 2 Expats that if they wanted to buy dinar, they would pay $3.45 US for 1 IQD. The Expats also said the employee informed them that there was going to be a big announcement on the 25th of Jan. (24th in the US). Take it for what it is and that it's a rumor that was relayed to me. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I have a beautiful wife waiting for me at home. As always maintain that PMA= Possitive Mental Attitude! Aim High all!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment